At one point or another every lottery player has thought to themselves whether playing the lotto is worth it, as it always seems as though someone else wins. But, like everything, good things come to those that wait. After all, it is a game of chance.
Bob Combs from Glasgow in Montana, USA, regularly played the lottery and always played the exact same set of numbers. Sadly, Bob passed away in January, 2015. His wife, Donna carried on the lotto tradition and played the same set of lotto numbers. Seems as though this paid off, as she won $200,000 jackpot in the Montana Cash Lottery draw held on December 16th. It would be nice to know that Bob played a role in his wife’s lotto win.
Winning the jackpot using someone else’s numbers
You be surprised to know that winning the jackpot using someone else’s lottery numbers, is not that uncommon.
- Canada - Lottery player, Sheila Nagels had a similar experience when she too used the same numbers for seven years before winning $5 million on the Lotto 6/49 jackpot.
- United Kingdom - John Biddlecombe from from Derbyshire, England, told lottery officials that his late wife helped him win £20,000.
- California – Michele Poussin used her late mother’s lucky lotto numbers and won $697,111 on Mega Millions.
- Connecticut – Bill Bailey also won $1.5 million when he bought a lotto ticket in September.
Speaking to lottery officials, Donna said that even though she always buys a lottery ticket, she unfortunately does not always double check to see if she’s won as happened on this occasion. It was only when a friend of hers called to ask her if she won, that Donna joked back saying, yes. She even checked her ticket right there and then – realising that she had won! As whopping $200,000 at that!
Donna’s son said that his mother had retired to look after his father, and that this was “Dad’s Christmas gift” to his mum.
When asked what she plans to do with her win, Donna said that she use the $200,000 to help her retirement and do some travelling. She said that she would also like to go to Nashville in April to see her son and celebrate “Dad’s” Christmas gift to them.
It’s always nice hearing about lottery winner stories like this. It just shows you, never give up on those lucky lotto numbers of yours!
Keep them going as they are bound to hit the big one sooner or later.
Jackpots on offer this week are:
- €193 million SuperEna Max jackpot tonight
- $117 million Mega Millions jackpot also on Tuesday
- $300 million US Powerball jackpot on Wednesday
- £42 million UK Lottery also on Wednesday (the biggest ever UK Lottery draw in history)
The El Nino draw on the 6th January will see a total prize fund of 630 million Euro being handed out. What better way to catapult your life into extreme wealth than winning your share of this staggering prize?
To make sure it’s YOUR numbers that take home this colossal New Year Spanish Raffle – play the El Nino raffle online NOW as tickets are selling out fast!