Last week speculation abounded in the media that the 2nd lucky USA Powerball winner had been spotted checking his ticket while filling his car at a petrol station. We can now confirm that this is not the 2nd winner of the giant $580 million prize from the 28th November. But here is what we do know about the actual winner...
Owing to Arizona lottery winners’ information being a matter of public record the name of the 2nd winner of the recent record breaking American Powerball lottery was announced on Monday.
Matthew Good Is The Name
The name of the lucky winner is Matthew Good. The name seems somewhat of an understatement considering the vast amount of money he has just claimed. Perhaps ‘Matthew Utterly Amazing’ is more suited to his new bank balance?
Here is what we know about the lucky 37 year old winner and his massive windfall:
• Although his name has been revealed he has done his best to remain anonymous. He will not be giving any interviews or holding a press conference. In fact, he seems determined to avoid all media.
• The media did manage to extract the following quote from Mr. Good before he went into seclusion:
“It is difficult to express just how thankful we are for this wonderful gift. We are extremely grateful and feel fortunate to now have an increased ability to support our charities and causes.”
• Like Cindy and Mark Hill, Matthew opted for the once-off, lump-sum cash payout of $192 million USD
• Although Matthew had 180 days to claim his winning prize he opted to do so before the start of the New Year, just in case tax legislation changed in 2013.
• Unlike the Hills who seem to have been in desperate need of a financial cash injection, it seems that Mr. Good is pretty well-off already. He lives in a $300,000.00 house (complete with a 3-car garage) in an affluent neighbourhood in Phoenix, Arizona and is a professional with no plans to quit his job in the electronics field (at least not yet).
The media is struggling for images of the lucky winner. This hazy photograph was harvested from Matthew’s Linked In profile.
• Although not much is known about Matthew Good, his neighbours have described him as generous and amiable.
• Mr. Good's wife owns half the $192 million jackpot prize because Arizona is a “community property” state.
• He spent a total of $10 on Powerball lottery tickets and left them overnight in his car under the sunscreen visor. He nearly forgot to check his winning ticket!
It is clear that Mr. Good and his family value their privacy. All that remains is for us to wish them the best of luck with their future plans and their stunning new Powerball fuelled bank balance!
Make “Good” with your own USA Powerball ticket - $50 million is up for grabs in tonight’s exciting American lotto draw!
This website is owned and operated by Secure View Services Limited, of 3rd Floor, Methonis Tower 73, Archbishop Makarios Avenue, 2082, Nicosia, Cyprus using the Curacao gaming license (No: 8048/JAZ) of its holding company Play UK Internet N.V.
© 2020 Play UK Internet N.V