Winning the lottery is often scoffed at by non-playing naysayers who think winning the lottery is a pipe dream. Well the history of Mega Millions jackpot winners over the years tells a different story and below we have documented successful Mega Millions jackpot winners from the year 2002 to the present day. Make sure you try to get on this list of jackpot winners.
Mega Millions Jackpot History over the years
- September the 15th 2020 - $120 million ($95.4 million cash) won in Wisconsin; ticket sold in Mount Pleasant, Wis.
- July the 31st 2020 - $22 million ($17.9 million cash) won in California; ticket sold in Mira Loma, Calif.
- July the 24th 2020 - $123 million ($100.1 million cash) won in New Jersey; ticket sold in Bayonne, N.J.
- June the 9th 2020 - $414 million ($319.9 million cash) won by an anonymous player in Glendale, Ariz.
- February the 11th 2020 - $202 million ($142.6 million cash) won in New Jersey; ticket sold in Edison, N.J.
- December the 17th 2019 - $375 million ($253.5 million cash) won by The Great Hope Trust in Ohio.
- September the 24th 2019 - $225 million ($157.0 million cash) won by an anonymous player in Leander, Texas.
- uly the 23rd 2019 - $168 million ($108.5 million cash) won by the Just as B4 Nominee Trust of 2019, Portsmouth, N.H.
- June the 7th 2019 - $522 million ($340.0 million cash) won by Laarni Bibal with a ticket purchased in San Diego, Calif.
- March the 12th 2019 - $50 million ($30.2 million cash) won by Hira Singh of Shawnee, Kan., with a ticket purchased in Kansas City, Mo.
- March the 1st 2019 - $273 million ($162.6 million cash) won by Michael J. Weirsky of Alpha, N.J.
- January the 1st 2019 - $437 million ($262.2 million cash) won by New Life 2019, LLC, a group of 23 co-workers from Long Island, N.Y.
- October the 23rd 2018 - $1.537 billion won by an anonymous player in South Carolina
- July the 24th 2018 - $543 million won by an 11-member Santa Clara County (Calif.) office pool
- May the 4th, 2018 - $142 million won by the ABC XYZ Trust with a ticket purchased in Moraine, Ohio
- March the 30th 2018 - $533 million won by Richard Wahl of Vernon, N.J.
- January the 5th 2018 - $451 million won by Secret 007, LLC, of Port Richey, Fla.
- October the 13th 2017 - $42 million - two winning tickets ($21 million each)
- Kevin and Stephanie Blake of Waterford, Mich.
- Eddy and Alejandro Trinidad of Providence, R.I.
- September the 22nd 2017 - $105 million won by Wayne Harris of Homer, N.Y.
- August the 11th 2017 - $393 million won by Patricia Busking of Palos Heights, Ill.
- April the 28th 2017 - $61 million won by David Trapp with a ticket purchased in Laguna Hills, Calif.
- March the 31st 2017 - $177 million won by Eliberto Cantu of Lubbock, Texas, with a ticket purchased in Stuttgart, Ark.
- January the 27th 2017 - $191 million won by Jack Freney with a ticket purchased in Nipton, Calif.
- November the 18th 2016 - $83 million won by ADirectConnection LLC of Georgia
- October the 11th 2016 - $49 million won by the It Will Buy Me a Boat Revocable Trust of Rockwall, Texas
- September the 16th 2016 - $134 million won by the Elaine Francis Trust of Tuscola, Ill.
- July the 22nd 2016 - $15 million - two winning tickets ($7.5 million each)
- Kevin Young of Bristow, Va.
- Christina Ford of Dallas, Ga.
- July the 19th 2016 - $25 million won by an anonymous player in Washington
- July the 8th 2016 - $536 million won by Warren D, LLC, of Indiana
- March the 8th 2016 - $157 million won by Michael Burkett in Seattle, Wash.
- January the 8th 2016 - $169 million won by Nancy Viola of Staten Island, N.Y.
- November the 13th 2015 - $202 million won by the Lucky Duck Passive Trust of Columbus, Ohio
- September the 11th 2015 - $106 million won by a group of five friends from Yonkers, N.Y., and Basking Ridge, N.J.
- July the 31st 2015 - $25 million won by Raul Ahumada of Noel, Mo.
- July the 21st 2015 - $153 million won by Steven Peloquin of Mechanicsville, Va.; ticket bought in Milton, Penn.
- June the 2nd 2015 - $262 million won by John Williams and Neal Logue of Blue Island, Ill.
- March the 24th 2015 - $58 million won by the Lucky 16 Trust of Manhattan, N.Y.
- February the 27th 2015 - $126 million won by Tammy Pratt of South Fallsburg, N.Y.
- January the 16th 2015 - $265 million won by Jesus Davila Jr. of Naperville, Ill.
- November the 4th 2014 - $326 million won by Harold Diamond of Wurtsboro, N.Y.
- August the 22nd 2014 - $180 million won by Rick Knudsen of Calimesa, Calif.
- June the 27th 2014 - $33 million won by the 6-27-14 Revocable Trust of Houston, Texas
- June the 13th 2014 - $66 million won by Kelsey Zachow of Port Huron, Mich.
- May the 20th 2014 - $149 million won by Carl Szott of Pittsburgh, Penn.
- April the 4th 2014 - $30 million won by Leopoldo Choi in Los Angeles, Calif.
- March the 25th 2014 - $20 million won by Cameron Finney of Suffolk County, N.Y.
- March the 18th 2014 - $414 million – 2 winning tickets ($207 million each)
- Cobie and Seamus Trust Dated on April the 21st 2014 of Merritt Island, Fla.
- Anonymous player with a ticket purchased in La Plata, Md.
- January the 3rd 2014 - $61 million won by Bettina “Tina” Still and her son Jonathan, both of Nashville, Tenn.
- December the 17th 2013 - $648 million – 2 winning tickets ($324 million each)
- Steve Tran of Northern California and Ira Curry of Stone Mountain, Ga.
- October the 1st 2013 - $189 million won by an anonymous "Lucky Family" in Anne Arundel County, Md.
- July the 26th 2013 - $19 million won by Barbara Matta and Karl Herkert in Kearney, N.J.
- July the 16th 2013 - $20 million won by "The Lucky Ones" Partnership of Houston, Texas
- July the 5th 2013 - $80 million won by Dick Zelasko of Troy, Mich.
- May the 31st 2013 - $30 million won by Darryl and Judith Smith of Mays, N.J.
- May the 17th 2013 - $198 million jackpot – 2 winning tickets ($99 million each)
- Giuseppe "Joe" Garofalo of Tinton Falls, N.J. and Lewis Howard of Cumberland, Va.
- March the 12th 2013 - $41 million won by an office pool of 14 people in Westlake, Ohio
- February the 19th 2013 - $26 million won by an anonymous player in Mount Airy, Md.
- February the 5th 2013 - $19 million won by Judy Juntunen of Atlantic Mine, Mich.
- January the 25th 2013 – $89 million won by Angel Guallpa-Mayancela of Orange, N.J.
- December the 14th 2012 - $35 million won by Mi Sun Yang in Bellflower, Calif.
- November the 27th 2012 - $50 million won by Zippy Vonier of Thomasville, Ga.
- November the 2nd 2012 - $33 million won by Philip Cimino of Garden City Park, N.Y.
- October the 16th 2012 - $61 million jackpot – 2 winning tickets ($30.5 million each)
- Alex Cordova of Fresno, California and Sandeep "Sunny" Singh of Hyannis, Mass.
- September the 18th 2012 - $14 million won by Christopher Manzi of Morganville, N.J. and Willie McPherson of New York, N.Y.
- September the 11th 2012 - $120 million won by Ronald Willis in Riverside, Calif.
- July the 27th 2012 - $52 million won by Marita and Bladimir Agnite of Fremont, Calif.
- July the 3rd 2012 - $85 million won by Jin Ok Choi of Staten Island, N.Y.
- May the 29th 2012 - $32 million won by Cindy Huynh in Pomona, Calif.
- May the 15th 2012 - $25 million won by Ruth Kraft of Beverly Hills, Calif.
- May the 4th 2012 - $118 million won by The Dirty Dozen, a partnership from Chicago, Ill.
- March the 30th 2012 - $656 million jackpot – 3 winning tickets ($218.6 million each)
- Anonymous in Ottawa, Kan, Merle and Patricia Butler of Red Bud, Ill. And The Three Amigos in Milford Mill, Md.
- January the 24th 2012 - $72 million won by Marcia Adams in Atlanta, Ga.
- December the 27th 2011 - $208 million won by Daniel Bruckner of San Jose, Calif.; ticket bought in Middle Island, N.Y.
- November the 1st 2011 - $78 million won by Charles Hairston of Paso Robles, Calif.
- September the 30th 2011 - $113 million jackpot - 2 winning tickets ($56.5 million each):
- Group of 6 people from Los Angeles, Calif. and The Jones Family of Greenville, N.C.
- August the 19th 2011 - $32 million won by Candido Oliveira of Dorchester, Mass.
- August the 5th 2011 - $99 million won by 22 co-workers in Jefferson, Ohio
- July the 1st 2011 - $107 million won by Brian McCarthy of McLean, Va.
- May the 27th 2011 - $35 million won by MAIM Revocable Trust in Granbury, Texas
- May the 13th 2011 - $27 million won by Kendall Warren of Kalamazoo, Mich.
- May the 3rd 2011 - $51 million won by Ronnie Orender of Bakersfield, Calif.
- April the 15th 2011 - $72 million won by John Gillen of Staten Island, N.Y.
- March the 25th 2011 - $319 million won by seven coworkers in Albany, N.Y.
- February the 1st 2011 - $93 million jackpot - 2 winning tickets ($46.5 million each):
- The Bolke Family in Munster, Ind. And P1 Gold Lottery Club of Belleville, Mich.
- January the 4th 2011 - $380 million jackpot - 2 winning tickets ($190 million each):
- Jim and Carolyn McCullar of Ephrata, Wash. And Holly Lahti of Rathdrum, Idaho
- November the 9th 2010 - $25 million won by The Gravina Island Trust in Broadview Heights, Ohio
- October the 29th 2010 - $141 million won by Steve Mays of Gladstone, Mich.
- September the 17th 2010 - $54 million won by Garina Fearon of Brooklyn, N.Y.
- August the 27th 2010 - $135 million won by John Davis in Morro Bay, Calif.
- July the 16th 2010 - $64 million jackpot won by Zahra Vasseghi of Agoura Hills, Calif. and Thu Thao Truong of El Monte, Calif.
- June the 22nd 2010 - $26 million won by Freddie Hands of Syracuse, N.Y., Ronald Edwards of Syracuse, N.Y. and Douglas Tedford of Canastota, N.Y.
- June the 11th 2010 - $36 million won by RRRLB Lottery Club of Kalamazoo, Mich.
- May the 28th 2010 - $12 million jackpot won by Mike Manheim of Greensboro, N.C.
- May the 25th 2010 - $64 million jackpot won by Mary Shammas and family of Brooklyn, N.Y.
- May the 4th 2010 - $266 million jackpot won by Gilbert and Jackie Cisneros in Pico Rivera, Calif.
- March the 12th 2010 - $20 million jackpot won by Dane & Julie Colby of Hennepin, Ill.
- March the 5th 2010 - $134 million won by John Dalkos in Long Beach, Calif.
- January the 29th 2010 - $144 million won by William R Kiefer of Katy, Texas
- December the 22nd 2009 - $165 million won by Richard and Mary Morrison of Suffolk County, N.Y.
- November the 10th 2009 - $77 million jackpot - 2 winning tickets ($38.5 million each):
- Lourdes Salinas in South San Francisco, Calif. and The Lopes Family of Union County, N.J.
- October the 16th 2009 - $200 million won by Steve Williams of Shenandoah, Va.
- September the 1st 2009 - $12 million won by Wayne Reese of Sharpsburg, Ga.
- August the 28th 2009 - $336 million jackpot - 2 winning tickets ($168 million each):
- Kevyn Ogawa in San Gabriel, Calif. and James "Jimmy" Groves of the Bronx, N.Y.
- July the 7th 2009 - $133 million won by The Archibald Trust of Queens, N.Y.
- May the 29th 2009 - $35 million won by the Silverbrush Family of Syracuse, N.Y.
- May the 15th 2009 - $38 million jackpot - 2 winning tickets ($19 million each):
- Natalio Perez of Santa Ana, Calif. and Joe and Sue Claffy of Rappahannock County, Va.
- May the 1st 2009 - $227 million jackpot - 3 winning tickets ($75.6 million each):
- Anneliese Hansen and Brian Cabaud of Mill Valley, Calif. and The Ross County Beneficiary Trust of Chillicothe, Ohio and Joe Denette of Spotsylvania County, Va.
- March the 13th 2009 - $26 million won by Isabel Zelaya of Suffolk County, N.Y.
- March the 3rd 2009 - $216 million won by 10 co-workers from Chubb Insurance in Whitehouse Station, N.J.
- January the 13th 2009 - $22 million won by Janet Alnwick of Merrick, N.Y.
- January the 2nd 2009 - $47 million won by Todd Mointz of San Diego, Calif.
- December the 12th 2008 - $207 million won by The Piqua 207 Group of Piqua, Ohio
- October the 21st 2008 - $42 million won by Mark Staffa of Rockmart, Ga.
- October the 3rd 2008 - $42 million won by Chris & Tina Crane of Washington, Mich.
- September the 16th 2008 - $15 million won by Andrick Humphreys of Portsmouth, Ohio
- September the 9th 2008 - $24 million won by anonymous mother and daughter in Baltimore, Md.
- August the 29th 2008 - $133 million won by the Skinner family of Carrollton, Ga.
- July the 22nd 2008 - $126 million won by the Lopes Family of Union County, N.J.
- June the 13th 2008 - $57 million won by Fred Topous of Kent City, Mich.
- May the 23rd 2008 - $17 million jackpot - 2 winning tickets ($8.5 million each):
- Edward & Ellen Hopper of Tompkins Cove, N.Y. and Terry Hackman of Franklin Grove, Ill.
- May the 16th 2008 - $196 million won by The Anthony Trust in Amelia, Ohio
- April the 1st 2008 - $136 million - David Sneath of Livonia, Mich.
- February the 22nd 2008 - $275 million - Robert Harris of Portal, Ga.
- January the 1st 2008 - $33 million - John Jones of Fort Worth, Texas
- January the 9th 2007 - $125 million - Crump, Allen & Lewis General Partnership of Amarillo, Texas
- March the 6th 2007 - $390 million - 2 winning tickets ($195 million each):
- Elaine and Harold Messner of Woodbine, N.J. and Eddie Nabors of Dalton, Ga.
- April the 6th 2007 - $105 million - Gilberto Bueno of Queens, N.Y.
- May the 11th 2007 - $113 million - Cynthia Stafford, Robert Stafford and Robert Stafford Jr. in Hawthorne, Calif.
- May the 29th 2007 - $44 million - Kimberly Swanson of Richmond, Va. and Dan Franks of St. Petersburg, Fla., ticket purchased in Va.
- July the 6th 2007 - $128 million - H & H Trust of Dallas, Texas
- August the 31st 2007 - $330 million - 4 winning tickets ($82.5 million each):
- John and Sandy Belawsky of Villas, N.J., Bernard and Tucker Adcock of Buckingham, Va., SB Alchemy Holdings, Ltd., of Dallas, Texas and Ellwood "Bunky" Bartlett of Dundalk, Md.
- September the 21st 2007 - $61 million - Zorina Kroop, Studio City, Calif.
- September the 25th 2007 - $12 million - Jack and Linda Feeney of Totowa, N.J.
- October the 5th 2007 - $27 million - Anonymous mother and daughter from Essex, Md.
- November the 2nd 2007 - $75 million - William James Albertson of Mahopac, N.Y.
- December the 18th 2007 - $163 million - 2 winning tickets ($81.5 million each):
- JYS Family Limited Partnership of Chicago and a group of educators in Morris County, N.J.
- January the 6th 2006 - $15 million - Providence Blind Trust and claimed by John E. Rosino in Ohio
- February the 28th 2006 - $270 million - M & H Blind Trust and claimed by Mark M. Mockensturm in Ohio
- April the 18th 2006 - $265 million - WFJ Trust and claimed by Todd A. Felthaus in Ohio
- May the 16th 2006 - $94 million - Martha L. Cuellar of El Paso, Texas
- June the 2nd 2006 - $47 million - Raynald Holder of New Brunswick, N.J.
- June the 16th 2006 - $35 million - Thomas Thornton in La Quinta, Calif.
- June the 27th 2006 - $24 million - The Sky Blind Trust and claimed by Michael T. McGrail in Ohio
- July the 18th 2006 - $49 million - Anonymous player in Forestville, Md.
- August the 1st 2006 - $31 million - Unclaimed in Queens, N.Y.
- September the 15th 2006 - $163 million - Ben Chason of Bainbridge, Ga.
- September the 19th 2006 - $12 million - Jose Santiago Morales Sanchez of the Bronx, N.Y.
- September the 26th 2006 - $15 million - Martin Fogarty of Hasbrouck Heights, N.J.
- October the 17th 2006 - $55 million - Sommay Rattanakone of North Bend, Wash.
- November the 14th 2006 - $75 million - Loretta Brown of Detroit, Mich.
- December the 1st 2006 - $40 million - Sean Harper of Columbus, Ohio
- January the 18th 2005 - $131 million - Margaret Jones of Washington, Ga.
- March the 1st 2005 - $115 million - MAL Holdings of Rowlett, Texas
- April the 22nd 2005 - $208 million - Ralph and Mary Stebbins of Port Huron, Mich.
- June the 3rd 2005 - $106 million - The Kevin G. Robertson Declaration of Trust, Kevin G. Robertson, trustee in Ohio
- July the 22nd 2005 - $170 million - Anonymous pool of seven in Ohio
- September the 16th 2005 - $258 million - Harold and Helen Lerner Rutherford, N.J.
- November the 15th 2005 - $315 million - Seven winners: Bob Guerzon, Jennifer Habib, Brenda Heller, Kate Juergens, Joyce Onori, Mariza Cuya and Kathleen Jones in Anaheim, Calif.
- November the 29th 2005 - $35 million - 2 winning tickets ($17.5 million each):
- Maria & Pedro Meza, ticket purchased in Wilmington, Calif. and His Club of Saginaw, Mich.
- December the 30th 2005 $88 million - Virginia & Victor Andujo of Montebello, Calif.
- February the 20th 2004 - $239 million - J.R. and Peggy Triplett of Winchester, Va.
- March the 2nd 2004 - $21 million - Eric Maxwell of Dayton, Ohio
- April the 9th 2004 - $109 million - Anonymous player in Wheaton, Md.
- May the 7th 2004 - $67 million - Penello Family of Rockaway Beach, N.Y.
- July the 2nd 2004 - $294 million - RMS 2004 Trust in Boston, Mass.
- July the 23rd 2004 - $47 million - Larry Campbell of Pullman, Mich.
- July the 27th 2004 - $10 million - Frank Zielinski & sons of Staten Island and Cherry Hill, N.J.
- August the 20th 2004 - $52 million - The ABC Blind Trust and claimed by Dennis Siciliano in Ohio
- October the 1st 2004 - $106 million - UT Van Nguyen of Carrollton, Texas
- November the 19th 2004 - $149 million - Juan Rodriquez of Queens, N.Y.
- December the 3rd 2004 - $25 million - Hackensack Resources Associates, LLC in N.J.
- February the 11th 2003 - $128 million - Phin Suy of Brooklyn, N.Y.
- February the 18th 2003 - $12 million - Painter Farms of Geraldine, Ala.
- March the 14th 2003 - $43 million - Cornell and Teri Davis of Englewood, N.J.
- March the 28th 2003 - $20 million - Anonymous player in Randallstown, Md.
- April the 25th 2003 - $46 million - Unclaimed in Brooklyn, N.Y.
- June the 20th 2003 - $183 million - Bernadette Gietka of Baldwin, Md.
- July the 11th 2003 - $34 million - Henrietta Henderson of Uniondale, N.Y.
- August the 8th 2003 - $50 million - Richard Mika of Savannah, Ga.
- September the 30th 2003 - $150 million - Stephen Moore of Fitzgerald, Ga.
- October the 7th 2003 - $12 million - Cindy Wilson of Neptune Township N.J.
- November the 11th 2003 - $70 million - 3 winning tickets ($23.3 million each):
- Stephen Cooke of Roswell, Ga. (2 Tickets) and Ro of Battle Creek, Mich.
- December the 30th 2003 $162 million - Rebecca Jones-Jemison of South Euclid, Ohio
- May the 17th 2002 - $28 million - Samuel Rice and The Rice Partnership of Chatham, Ill.
- May the 24th 2002 - $12 million - Susan Hannoun of the Chicago, Ill., area
- July the 16th 2002 $165 million - Sundel "Sonny" Judson of Cliffside Park, N.J.
- August the 27th 2002 $108 million - Group of 11 co-workers from New York City, N.Y.
- September the 6th 2002 - $17 million - Jessee Bays Jr. of Kentwood, Mich.
- September the 27th 2002 - $37 million - Barbara & George Martinek of Mount Prospect, Ill.
- On November the 8th 2002 $93 million - Pat and Dick Warren of Hoquiam, Wash.
- On November the 19th 2002 - $16 million - Group of co-workers from New York City, N.Y.
- On December the 24th 2002 - $68 million - Unclaimed in N.Y.
This is the documented history since 2002 of the hundreds of millions of dollars paid out to winners of the Mega Millions lottery. This is proof that someone out there is winning millions almost every week.
Make sure to try to get your name on the winner’s list by playing your favourite lucky numbers each week.
The more you play, the more likely you are to win.