Roulette is one of the most exciting and lucrative casino games and it, therefore, comes as no surprise that this game is a mainstay in modern casinos both offline and online. If you have never played Roulette online before and you would like to learn how to play roulette online keep on reading.
Playing Roulette online is easy to learn
Roulette may look slightly complicated to those who have never played the game but the truth is it’s incredibly easy to learn. We will go through all the Roulette terms further down in this article which will give you a better understanding of the game.
The aim of the game
The main aim of playing Roulette is to predict where you think the ball is going to land after spinning the wheel. If you are able to guess this right, you will money.
Playing roulette is as easy as such and you can walk away with big winnings. Whether you are experienced in online casino gambling or just a beginner, roulette is a game of fun that can reward you greatly if you are lucky enough.
The first thing to know about Roulette is that there are two rounds to every game:
- the betting round
- and the spin
A roulette table will come with a wheel which contains a range of numbers from 0- 36 or 00- 36. This will depend on whether it is the European Roulette or American Roulette.
These numbers alternate between red and black. A roulette table usually contains a large area for placing bets and while it can appear complicated, truth is that understanding the system is fairly simple.
During the betting round, you need to place your chips on the board in relation to where you think the ball will land.
The game is played with each player placing their bets on the table. These bets are then accepted and no further bets are allowed. The dealer then throws the ball into the spinning roulette and players wait in anticipation to see where the ball lands. The number the ball lands on is the winning number and bets are calculated.
Bets are split into two basic categories:
- Inside bets
- Inside bets refer to those placed on actual numbers.
Outside bets Outside bets are the category bets such as red or black, odd or even and high or low.
You can also make combination bets since there is no limit to your bet, meaning you can bet on both the numbers and categories to increase your chances of winning.
What few beginners realise is that you can also bet on two or four numbers simply by placing your chips between two numbers or in the middle of four numbers.
How to Win at Roulette
There is no strategy to winning at roulette. It is a game of chance, so you need Lady Luck on your side to stand a chance of winning.
As with all games, it does pay to know what you are doing. Once you have acquired some basic knowledge of this exciting casino game, the only thing you can do is buy your chips, stack them up, and cross your fingers.
What are the Odds of Roulette?
There is a wide range of odds available on a game of roulette. These odds differ slightly from variation to variation—European Roulette typically has the best odds.
You will find European and American roulette on PlayUSALotteries.com:
Similar to the European versions of Roulette, bets are placed on single numbers, colour, even or odd, rows, corners and combinations. The anticipation when the wheel is spun of where the little white ball will land is the same across the board. The only difference on the wheel is the inclusion of the 00.
Odd and Even = 46.37% (1:1 Payout)
Red and Black = 46.37% (1:1 Payout)
Half = 46.37% (1:1 Payout)
Third = 31.58% (2:1 Payout)
One of Two Numbers = 5.26% (17:1 Payout)
One of Four Numbers = 10.53% (8:1 Payout)
Single Number = 2.67% (35:1 Payout)
Play American Roulette online now!
Enjoy the European Roulette where you have 37 numbers and it is up to you to figure out which one the ball will land on!
Odd and Even = 48.6% (1:1 Payout)
Red and Black = 48.6% (1:1 Payout)
Half = 48.6% (1:1 Payout)
Third = 32.4% (2:1 Payout)
One of Two Numbers = 5.4% (17:1 Payout)
One of Four Numbers = 10.8% (8:1 Payout)
Single Number = 2.7% (35:1 Payout)
Play European Roulette online now!
In order to understand the game a little better, it would be beneficial to you to know all the Roulette terms.
Here is a list of the most used terms in the Roulette game.
- Biased wheel - The imperfect wheel, where some numbers come more frequently than the others.
- Black bet - Wagering that the next winning number will be black.
- Column bet - Bet on one of three columns.
- Corner bet - Bet on 4 numbers, by placing a chip at the middle of these 4 numbers.
- Dozen bet - Bet on any of 3 sets of 12 numbers (1-12, 13-24, 25-36).
- En prison rule - When the ball lands in 0 pocket and a player has placed the even money bet on black/red, even/odd or high/low, the bet can be left for the next spin of the wheel, or a half of the bet can be taken back, whereas the other half is lost. If the ball doesn't land on zero slot, the player has his/her bet back without the payoff.
- Even-number bet - A bet on even numbers. Zeros (0, 00) are not even numbers.
- Five-number bet - The bet, which can be placed only in American roulette. It is betting on 0, 00, 1, 2, 3 all at once.
- High bet - Bet on the top 18 numbers (19-36).
- House edge - The profit, which the house earns after each game.
- Inside bet - Bet on number(s) on the inside part of the table.
- Low bet - A bet on the bottom 18 numbers (1-19).
- Line bet - Bet on 1 of 6 numbers in two lines.
- Martingale system - System of betting, where the gambler places even-money bets and doubles the bet in case of loss.
- Odd-number bet - A bet on odd numbers.
- Outside bet - Bets, which are placed outside the grid. (Remember to combine this with inside bets for better odds.)
- Orphelins (Orphans) - A bet in European roulette, when a gambler bets on specific 3 numbers, which are close on the roulette wheel.
- Payout - The player's winning.
- Quarter bet - A bet on 1 of 4 numbers. The payout is 8 to 1.
- Red bet - Wagering that the next winning number will be red.
- Roulette chips - Special chips used for a roulette casino game. In American roulette, they are a different colour.
- Roulette layout - It has a numbered grid and colours on the table, where the gamblers put their bets.
- Split bet - A bet on 2 numbers all at once.
- Straight bet - A bet on just one number. The payout is 35 to 1.
- Street bet - A bet on 3 numbers.
- Tiers du cylinder - Betting on the group of numbers, which are close to each other on the roulette wheel. It includes all the numbers from 27 to 33. The payout is 2 to 1.
- Voisin du zero - A bet on the numbers, which are close to zero. Includes the numbers from 22 to 25.
- Wheel head - The part of the wheel, which has numbered pockets.
Play Roulette Online at PlayUSALotteries
Now that you have learned how to play roulette, there is only one thing for it: start playing!
You can find games of roulette at PlayUSALotteries, a leading- lottery, -Keno, -scratchcards, -raffles, and instant win games provider.
Our casino games are live!
Here at PlayUSALotteries, we have American Roulette and European Roulette, which means you can experience all the joys of a real casino without leaving your living room!
Put Your New Skills to Work
Now that you know more about playing Roulette online, the best way to learn how to play casino games is to practice. The best part about playing Roulette online is the fact that here at PlayUSALotteries.com we offer you the opportunity to play the demo version - without risking even one dime.
In no time at all, you have the hang of it and ready to play online Roulette for real money! Making your first deposit is as easy as spinning and winning.
Now there's no need to wait... place your bets!
This website is owned and operated by Secure View Services Limited, of 3rd Floor, Methonis Tower 73, Archbishop Makarios Avenue, 2082, Nicosia, Cyprus using the Curacao gaming license (No: 8048/JAZ) of its holding company Play UK Internet N.V.
© 2019 Play UK Internet N.V