It’s one thing reading about a lucky US Powerball player who won the biggest single ticket win the game’s history, is another thing entirely when the winner happens to be your ex!
When it comes to the recent $758 million US Powerball winner’s ex, Richard Lord, he wished his former spouse all the best with her amazing usa lotto jackpot win, and said he wishes her all the luck in the world. (between you and me, I think that wish already came true) He carried on to say, that he isn’t bitter about the massive jackpot win, and he’s fully aware that he’s also not entitled to a cent.
The couple were in a relationship for 15 years, but unfortunately split just last year. At the time of the split, Mavis Wanczyk, who won the life-changing $758 million Powerball jackpot, told her then soon to be ex that she was “moving on to a better life.” Little did she know, what would happen just a few months later, thanks to the Powerball!
Speaking to the press, Mr Lord said, “I could have paid off the rest of the house, taken a vacation in Europe – but that’s just the way life is sometimes.”
“I’m happy for her. I certainly don’t hold anything against her. I hope she enjoys all that money – she’s certainly got a lot of it now.”
It’s hard to believe that is already been nearly a week, since Ms Wanczyk came forward as the sole winner of the huge Powerball jackpot.
At the time of the win, she told press that all she wanted to do was go home and get back into bed. It’s been everything but a relaxing time for the latest big US Powerball winner though.
According to Mr Lord, “Right now, I know she’s pulling her hair out with all the harassment and the soliciting phone calls. She’s already feeling the strain of joining some of the USA’s wealthiest public profiles.”
When the press questioned Mavis Wanczyk about her financial situation before the Powerball jackpot win, she said that throughout her life she has “been OK.”
'I'm not going to say I'm the richest person in the world, I can't say I'm the poorest person in the world, I make do with what I have,' she said.
Like most American lottery winners, Mavis Wanczyk also opted to take the once off lump sum pay-out, which amounted to $443 million cash.
According to the following rich list, Ms Wanczuk is definitely a lot richer than most for simply playing her lucky Powerball lottery numbers:
- Bon Jovi - $410 million
- Beyoncé - $350 million
- Jared and Ivanka Trump - $300 million
- Taylor Swift - $280 million
- Leonardo DiCaprio - $245 million
- Brad Pitt - $240 million
- Johnny Depp - $200 million
- Kim Kardashian - $175 million
- Jennifer Aniston - $150 million
- Jennifer Lawrence - $110 million
Top 10 largest US lottery jackpots
1. $1.6 billion, Powerball, January 13, 2016 (three tickets, from California, Florida, Tennessee)
2. $656 million, Mega Millions, March 30, 2012 (three tickets, from Kansas, Illinois and Maryland)
3. $648 million, Mega Millions, December 17, 2013 (two tickets, from California and Georgia)
4. $590.5 million, Powerball, May 18, 2013 (one ticket, from Florida)
5. $587.5 million, Powerball, November 28, 2012 (two tickets, from Arizona and Missouri)
6. $564.1 million, Powerball, February 11, 2015 (three tickets, from North Carolina, Puerto Rico and Texas)
7. $536 million, Mega Millions, July 8, 2016 (one ticket, from Indiana)
8. $487 million, Powerball, July 30, 2016 (one ticket, from New Hampshire)
9. $448.4 million, Powerball, August 7, 2013 (three tickets, one from Minnesota and two from New Jersey)
10. $447.8 million, Powerball, June 10, 2017, (one ticket, from California)
Best of luck!
The PlayUSALotteries.com Team
This website is owned and operated by Secure View Services Limited, 3rd Floor Methonis Tower, 73 Archbishop Makarios Avenue, Cyprus, using the gaming license of its holding company, Play UK Internet, N.V.
PlayUKinternet and its associated brands operate as an independent ticket purchasing service and are neither associated with nor endorsed by The National Lottery, MUSL, or Camelot Plc, nor any company that manages any product for which their services are employed
© 2018 Play UK Internet N.V